Starting a business in the life sciences sector is difficult. Access to wet lab facilities, equipment and expertise is generally outside the grasp of many start-ups and this is often a barrier to success.
To assist companies in their development. ITT Dublin can provide turnkey laboratory facilities at very attractive rates. The advantages of which are;
- Co-location with the MiCRA centre
- Access to state of the art equipment
- Efficient technical transfer from MiCRA
- Access to world class researchers and expertise
- A vibrant start-up community in the Synergy Centre (business Incubation)
- Access to mentoring and business development through the new-frontiers program
Two HPSUs, Incereb and Allogen Biotech, are currently co-located with the centre. Both companies have recently attracted private investment and are continuing to work with MiCRA to develop and commercialise next generation diagnostic technologies.